Not the Wray Rives you were looking for?

Try Here
www.RivesCPA.co

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sorry about the plague

Once is a coincidence

I went for my morning walk this morning and a couple of blocks from my house a grasshopper jumps me.  He lands right in the middle of my chest and tries to hold on to my shirt.  Despite his having the advantage of surprise, I was still able to dispatch him easily.

Twice is suspicious

A few blocks later, I have recovered from the shock of the grasshopper incident and a cicada dive bombs right at my face.  I was only able to avoid a direct hit by ducking quickly at the last moment.

The third time it is a definite conspiracy

I was still able to finish my morning walk, but when I was about 2 blocks from my house another cicada takes off right in front of me and promptly files into a tree several yards ahead setting off a huge din of cicada chirping from what sounded like several hundred of his brethren. I decided the cautious choice was to divert my path and avoid the immediate area of the tree.

All of this happening the morning after my post about worms, where I happened to mention my less than cordial relationship with crickets, I realize that all of my attackers are close relatives to the cricket.  They have obviously taken offense to the disparaging remarks I made about their family.  So far I have been able to avoid any serious injury from these attacks, but it has been solo efforts by what I can only assume are fringe extremist from their community.  I do however fear if they ever decide to plan a coordinated assault in greater numbers.

I feel I need to apologize now if I have somehow triggered a new locust plague.  In my own defense, I was not even aware that crickets could read.

No comments:

Post a Comment