Not the Wray Rives you were looking for?

Try Here
www.RivesCPA.co

Friday, February 10, 2017

Twitter

So I created an Twitter account back in March of 2009.  It is interesting to see how the platform use has evolved.  For some time there is a subset of folks who are all about having a high follower to followed ratio. I call it the "I am shouting at you ratio", shouters for short.  Conversations are supposed to be two way, I listen to you and you listen to me, but if I am the only one listening, then you are just shouting at me.

Obviously celebrities have lots of people who just organically follow them. I think there was actually someone some years ago, who attempted to put a value on having a twitter account with a lot of followers and few that you followed.  I suppose that had a lot to do with probably one of the Kardashians who was getting paid to promote things by tweeting about them to her followers.

Then you get to the folks who follow you knowing that human instinct is to follow them back.  The thing is they un-follow you hoping you won't notice and so they improve their I'm shouting at you ratio.  I play the game to the extent that if someone follows me, I follow them back, but I also actually curate my followers and so when someone un-follows me, I un-follow them. The jokes on the other guy, because he can only follow a certain number of Twitter accounts in a day, so he wasted his count following me.

I also sometimes play this game with myself where I try to predict the ones who are shouters.  Like the account where her profile was "YOU FOLLOW ME-I FOLLOW YOU--YOU UNFOLLOW ME-I UNFOLLOW YOU".  Oh yea for sure you put it out there like that, she (I say she because there was a picture of a cute girl in the profile-another sure sign that there is actually some short fat dude in China behind the account) is definitely a shouter.  Sometimes people surprise you and little miss I FOLLOW was still following me a month later, but at last the short fat dude showed up and today she un-followed me, so I did the same.

Want to follow me?  https://twitter.com/RivesCPA

I will follow back.


No comments:

Post a Comment