Not the Wray Rives you were looking for?

Try Here
www.RivesCPA.co

Thursday, May 6, 2010

While we are on the subject of annoying

I am not usually a big conspiracy theorist, but I know Yahoo and Microsoft have been talking a lot more these days.  That's what having a common threat (Google) can do to competitors.  Maybe Yahoo got this idea from Microsoft (see last week's post on annoying features in products), but I have an issue with their product experience!

Yes I have a Yahoo account,  I actually signed up for a new one sometime last year because I was working with a client who only wanted to chat on Yahoo.  What can I say?  I am an accommodating kind of service provider.

So I do occasionally get an email at this Yahoo email address and I get the little popup at the bottom of the screen which will link me to my Yahoo email page.  I finally figured out today that the Yahoo email notifier is the culprit with a problem I keep having.  I use Chrome as my default browser, but for some reason I would periodically loose my bookmark toolbar and my home button.  It actually happened a couple of times, before I made the connection that the Yahoo email link was causing this (CONSPIRACY).  When I click to go to the Yahoo page, for some reason Yahoo decides to drop off my toolbar and remove my home page button.  I could probably live with it if this just affected my browser while I am reading Yahoo email, but it totally changes the browser settings and I have to go change them back.

I have one question--"why the hell would anyone think that is a good idea?".

You are treading on thin ice here you bunch of yahoos, because you are NOT that important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment