Not the Wray Rives you were looking for?

Try Here
www.RivesCPA.co

Friday, June 26, 2009

DREAM Act

Are you serious? Why have I not heard about this? I know why, because if it was widely publicized there would be an unbelievable outrage on the part of voters in Middle America. Apparently there is a new law making its way through the US Senate that would use government money to pay for college for illegal immigrant children. Actually to be politically correct I am supposed to say "undocumented youth". I guess that makes it sound like my own kid who is a legal US resident when he looses his drivers license.

No one in the government has yet seen fit to grant me any relief from the cost of paying for my three kids to go to college, but add insult to that now they want me to pay for 65,000 "undocumented youth" to go to college. I DON'T THINK SO. Do you really want to know why people have lost faith in the system and don't want to pay their share of federal taxes. Look no further than this type of legislation. You think it's a joke, well check this out according to their own propaganda web site the bill only needs 8 more votes of support to pass the Senate.

My suggestion is you check the list of Senators who are for or on the fence regarding this legislation and let them know how you feel.

I probably would not feel so passionate about this if I had not worked hard and paid well over $100,000 so far to send my own kids to school and consistently been turned down for any kind of subsidized federal loan or assistance. Let me know how you feel about this, and more importantly let your own senator know. You can contact your Senator HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment